12 Mar Memo: COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
Dear Residents, Family and Staff at Amber Court
We know you may be concerned about the Coronavirus, or COVID-19 and how it may impact us here at Amber Court. Ensuring residents are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our first priority.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the local Health Dept have recommended a variety of steps that we are implementing to help reduce the potential for the virus to enter our building. In following these preventative recommendations, Amber Court has increased our supply of personal protective equipment like masks and gloves, and gowns as needed. We have increased our food supply; our supply of disinfectant solutions and cleaning products, and we increased the frequency in which the community is being sanitized/cleaned. We are monitoring all residents and staff for signs of infection. We are conducting ongoing training in the most up to date protocols, and we are prepared in the event of an emergency.
To maintain a healthy community, we respectfully request the following:
- At this time, as a precautionary measure for the wellbeing and safety of our residents and staff, we request that family and friends do not visit until further notice.
- We highly encourage residents to limit outings, especially to public places such as grocery stores, malls, theaters, religious gatherings, and the like.
- We strongly recommend that residents postpone any travel plans.[We understand that connecting with your loved ones is incredibly important, and there are a variety of other ways you might consider communicating with them. These may include telephone, email, text, video chat or social media. Our staff is always here to help.]
Until further notice, Amber Court has cancelled all large community events and public outings. We have restricted all non essential vendors, entertainers, and providers.
Amber Court is staying up to date with the CDC recommendations as they may continue to change. We are in close contact with the local and state health department, and we are following their guidelines. We will notify you if any residents or staff are diagnosed with COVID-19.
We look forward to a safe, speedy resolution, and appreciate your cooperation at this time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Please help prevent the spread of infection:
Anyone entering the premises will be instructed to follow these protocols:
- Use the main entrance
- All entrants to the community must wash their hands or use the provided hand sanitizer before proceeding past the front desk
- Exercising proper coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Avoid shaking hands and hugs with any individual.